Date Posted: 08/15/2017
Job Contact: email@example.com
Location: Seattle, WA
This position’s primary responsibility is to support regulatory compliance functions associated with consumer and business banking products and services. The position focuses on regulatory compliance and risk mitigation in relation to, but not limited to the following areas.
Additional responsibilities include delivering comprehensive and prompt customer service to internal and external customers, as well as, exercising quality control in the execution of all duties. Along with the key functions listed below, this position will be expected to uphold the value that Washington Federal places on simply being nice when servicing our co-workers and clients.
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- USA Patriot Act (USPA)
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Review and investigate transaction monitoring alerts to make logical interpretations of customer account activity, particularly as it relates to high-risk and/or suspicious activity.
- Review and investigate system alerts for the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Conduct research using internal and external sources to identify high-risk, fraudulent, and/or suspicious activity.
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation and filing of SAR & CTRs.
- Create, update and maintain logs/files to document all information obtained in research and reviews. M
- Maintain an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge in regards to regulations related to AML, BSA, USPA, KYC, and OFAC.
- Work with all levels of branch staff to gather information that is used in performing and completing research and reviews.
- Research potential OFAC matches and various government control lists to ascertain whether a match is false or positive.
- Refer unusual transaction activity to the BSA Compliance Officer for further consideration and potential Suspicious Activity Reporting.
- Support policy and procedural documentation requirements as related to AML/BSA compliance.
- Assist with special projects related to AML/BSA compliance.
- Closely adhere to the Bank’s Information Security policies and procedures, ensuring that the handling, processing, and storage of all customer and confidential or proprietary bank information is done in a secure manner and environment.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance at the employer’s facility.
Job Evaluation Factors:
- Working knowledge of, and experience with banking products and services.
- Proficiency with navigating bank core systems.
- Proficiency working with Excel databases.
- Analytical research/investigation skills; utilizing various internal and external information sources.
- Ability to effectively communicate investigation results in written summary form.
- Effectively communicate and work with other employees across all business lines.
- Must obtain and maintain proficient knowledge of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing regulations, including:
- Bank Secrecy Act
- USA Patriot Act
- Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Position requires a Bachelors Degree.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective analytical skills, and organizational skills.
- Candidate should be able to accept instruction, prioritize, follow-through on work assignments with minimal supervision and be able to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of or the ability to learn applicable state and federal laws, regulations, policies, and procedures related to this position.
- PC proficient in Microsoft Office is required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in banking or the financial services industry is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of specialized experience with BSA/AML compliance, particularly as it relates to monitoring is preferred.
To apply, please send your resume with the email title "17-541 Compliance Specialist" to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101, Attn: Human Resources. Application documents should be in .docx or .odf format. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. Before extending an offer of employment, Washington Federal will conduct a background check. You must also successfully pass a credit check and drug test as part of the final stage of the application process.