Loan Review Officer
Date Posted: 07/24/2017
Job Contact: email@example.com
Location: Seattle, WA
This position’s primary responsibility is to analyze and evaluate the Company’s loan portfolio and loan administration function from a risk management perspective. Specific emphasis includes assessing the effectiveness of risk ratings within the portfolio, adherence to underwriting and credit policy standards, and portfolio administration and monitoring. Along with the key functions listed below, each position will be expected to uphold the value that Washington Federal places on simply being nice when servicing our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
- Perform scheduled loan review portfolio examinations during the calendar year including assessing Commercial and Commercial Real Estate loan quality on an individual credit and portfolio basis.
- Perform any ad hoc or targeted portfolio examinations or reviews as requested by the Audit Committee or Executive Management.
- Provide accurate and timely reports of significant findings and related recommendations, assessing the effectiveness of risk ratings, adherence to underwriting and credit policy standards, and portfolio administration and monitoring; obtaining appropriate management action plans; and distributing reports and action plans to the appropriate levels of management.
- Complete monthly desktop reviews of recent credit approved transactions to confirm assigned risk ratings and compliance with the Company’s credit policies and standards.
- Maintain strong industry knowledge of areas assigned, including applicable OCC guidelines.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with applicable departments, loan officers, external auditors, and examiners.
- Support management as needed.
- Follow the Bank’s Information Security policies, ensuring the processing and handling of all client and confidential bank information are done in a secure manner.
- Complete any other job related duties as assigned by the Loan Review Manager.
Job Evaluation Factors:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related major. The selected candidate must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality, as well as the ability to adhere to both Company policies and best practices.
- Must be able to effectively relate to internal clients and become a trusted resource, and possess good interpersonal skills and solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience doing commercial loans is required.
- Experience managing bank assets of $5 billion and more.
- Must also possess a strong internal drive and motivation for continuous improvement, and be able to set high standards for personal productivity while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Basic computer proficiency with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel) is required.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- A minimum of five years to eight years of experience as a loan review analyst, commercial credit underwriter/analyst, or commercial or commercial real estate lender is required.
To apply, please send your resume with the email title "17-479 Loan Review Analyst" to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101, Attn: Human Resources. Application documents should be in .docx or .odf format. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. Before extending an offer of employment, Washington Federal will conduct a background check. You must also successfully pass a credit check and drug test as part of the final stage of the application process.