Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst
Job Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Commercial Real Estate Department has a current opening for a Commercial Real Estate (“CRE”) Credit Analyst in the Utah Administration office. This position supports divisional lending officers in both the origination and ongoing management of its portfolio of loans as it relates to complex financial analysis, covenant compliance and monitoring, regulatory adherence, collateral perfection and valuation as well as general credit underwriting.
Specific Duties include:
- Conduct preliminary underwriting and analysis of new commercial real estate transactions.
- Prepare and present comprehensive credit submissions for the department.
- Underwrite and prepare financial spreads for loan guarantors including the detailed and comprehensive analysis of Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Rent Rolls, Property Operating Statements, Tax Returns, and Schedule of Real Estate.
- Assist loan coordinators in the loan documentation and closing process.
- Read, analyze and understand basic legal documents as they pertain to CRE lending.
- Review and analyze third party reports (appraisals, Phase I, Geotechnicial) reports for risk mitigation and loan policy adherence.
- Track and review loan covenants for Borrowers and Guarantors.
- Communicate the status of the overall loan portfolio to department management including exception reporting, covenant violation and line/relationship maturity reporting.
- Assist both internal and external auditors as well as bank regulators as requested.
- Highly experienced with business style writing. Must maintain a strong ability to write with a clear, concise, common sense, conclusion oriented style. Knowledge and utilization of proper grammar is mandatory.
- Cash flow modeling and/or financial (tax rteturn) analysis.
- Strong organizational and time mangement skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work envirionment with set deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel with experience in PowerPoint.
- College Degree in business, finance or accounting or commensurate proven professional experience.
- Professional demeanor with the utmost in work ethic and dedication.
- Have a defined sense of urgency and “get it done” mind set.
- Ability to work independently in a task-goal oriented environment with strong team symmetry.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to present credit summaries to loan committee as needed.
Highly Preferred Experience:
- Commercial or Retail Bank lending and or underwriting experience.
- General understanding of real estate lending terminology and protocol.
- Experience conducting financial analysis with an understanding and working knowledge of commercial real estate and its correlating credit requirements.
- General knowledge of legal documentation, title insurance, business laws and bank regulations as it relates to commercial real estate and bank lending.
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirments, bank lending policies and legal documents which govern individual loan transactions and master borrowing facilities.
- Knowledge of fiserv, or related bank IT and loan management systems.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 405 S. Main, Suite 100, Salt Lake, UT 84111 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. Before extending an offer of employment, Washington Federal will conduct a background check. You must also successfully pass a credit check and drug test as part of the final stage of the application process.