Mortgage Loan Operations Specialist
Date Posted: 03/22/2017
Job Contact: email@example.com
Location: Seattle, WA
The Loan Operations Department has an opening for a Loan Operations Specialist in the Seattle Corporate Office. This position is responsible for providing technical support to our branch/processing center network involving mortgage originations involving the mortgage LO system including policies, procedures, training and Quality Control functions. Along with the key functions listed below, each position will be expected to uphold the value that Washington Federal places on simply being nice when servicing our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Supplies telephone support to branch lending personnel concerning loan policies and procedures, loan origination system software, regulatory compliance, loan manuals and loan documents.
- May provides in branch training for the lending personnel in Washington.
- May provide conference call training on a variety of lending topics on a revolving basis.
- Occasional optional participation in presentation of Mortgage Loan Operations meetings in all divisions of Washington Federal.
- Works with MFlex and Docuprep members to provide document and system support and accuracy
- Performs Quality Control Audits of Loan Origination processes.
- Provides administrative support for the work area by answering telephones and responding to emails.
- Updates Consumer Lending Manual, Loan Product Guide, MFlex system manuals, etc.
- Updates to workflows and changes in policies/ procedures occur.
- Updates the Loan Rate Schedule as changes in lending interest rates occur.
- Prepares Pre-Qual, Modifications, Additional Advance, other loan documentation, as required
- Validate custom construction loans before draws begin
- Participate in Funding from MFlex thru to DNA
- Review for accuracy and timing of disclosures on initial application for RESPA/TIL/REGZ
- Review initial disclosures, re-disclosures and final disclosures for accuracy on all loan applications accepted within the division (RESPA/REG Z/TIL)
- Review accuracy of HMDA data.
- Ensure ECOA standards are met.
- Document the results of reviews in the loan file to ensure compliance with the regulations.
- Review closing documents to ensure consistency and completeness of the CD and loan estimates for compliance with RESPA.
- Communicate guidelines on loan quality and special programs to association lending personnel.
- Assist in-branch lending audits for the Divisions, as needed.
- Complete any other job related duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Position requires a High School diploma, or approved equivalent.
- Applicants must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer and keyboarding skills
- Excel & Microsoft Word experience desired
- Basic knowledge with Branch Loan processes in originating and processing mortgage loans preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, patient, have a sense of humor, be nice, able to work independently as well as part of a team, able to handle multiple projects.
- Individuals must have an excellent attendance record.
please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. Before extending an offer of employment, Washington Federal will conduct a background check. You must also successfully pass a credit check and drug test as part of the final stage of the application process.