We've updated our name but we're still the same bank you trust!
WASHINGTON FEDERAL IS NOW
We’re excited to share important news with you!
Washington Federal is launching a simplified name and logo. The previous version
served us well for many years but didn’t emphasize who we are, what we do, or the service we provide in our
eight-states. Our solution? Become WaFd Bank. We like the sound of it and hope you do, too. Read on to learn why
we’ve made this decision.
Why the change?
In taking a step back and studying our name and logo, we found that neither were doing their job of communicating
what our company does. Over the past several years, even after Money Magazine awarded us “Best Bank” in five of
our eight states, questions like these have come up:
- Is Washington Federal part of the federal government?
- Can I open a checking account, or is Washington Federal only an investment firm?
- Is Washington Federal a business headquartered in Washington D.C.?
We got the message. People who don’t know us yet can’t tell for sure what we do. We needed to address that
challenge while making sure our bank would be clearly recognizable in all our markets.
- We have adopted our longtime nickname, WaFd Bank, as our trade name. It tells people we are a bank
and is an abbreviation of our current name. We pronounce it Wah-Fed.
- WaFd Bank aligns with our NASDAQ ticker symbol—WAFD. @WAFDbank is also our name on social media.
- The new logo is created out of eight interlocking W’s, recognizing our Washington roots and symbolizing
how we’re linked together as a team across the markets we serve—bankers, clients and communities
working together to fuel economic growth and strengthen our neighborhoods.
- WaFd is simple, short and straightforward.
What hasn’t changed?
- The products and services clients rely on for all their banking needs.
- Our ownership and leadership structure.
- Our values and commitment to our clients and partners.
- Our common-sense approach to making banking simple and straightforward.
- Our ongoing investment in technology to make banking easier.
- Skilled bankers who are here when you need them.
- During the next few months you will see the WaFd Bank name appear in more places, including
statements, online services and more.
- You will begin to see the new WaFd Bank logo in advertising and on signage at our branches.
- Eventually the new logo will appear on credit and debit cards, checks and other WaFd Bank
products. There is NO action required by you at this time.
We are grateful for our rich heritage, built in partnership with our clients and colleagues over the last 102 years.
We assure you, it’s still us. We’re WaFd Bank and it’s business as usual.
As always, our goal is to provide you with the financial tools you need when, how and where
you want them, helping you be successful now and in the future.
Washington Federal is a national bank, but we’ve tried to act more like a reliable next door neighbor. Ever since we got our start back in 1917, we’ve been helping to build healthy, thriving communities. And, as active members of our communities, we’re truly invested in clients like you—delivering simple, straightforward banking solutions to help you make the most of your money.
Over 230 offices to serve you.
From checking, savings and retirement accounts to home loan and corporate real estate financing, Washington Federal is ready to help bring clarity to banking. We operate in eight western states, including Washington, Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and New Mexico.
Our common-sense, disciplined approach has stood the test of time and made us one of the strongest financial institutions in America. Find a location near you.
Our story is simple. Just like our approach to banking.
It all started back in 1917. A group of local businessmen established Ballard Savings and Loan Association in a fishing and lumber community just north of Seattle, Washington.
More than a century later, we continue to provide one-on-one, friendly and professional service. No phone trees. No jumping through hoops. Just the personal attention and customized, expert advice you deserve. Call our Client Care Center seven days a week at 1-800-324-9375.
Helping neighborhoods flourish.
We believe in supporting our communities. That’s why we created the Washington Federal Foundation—to facilitate giving to local nonprofits that serve the needs of low- and moderate-income individuals. For more information, see our Community Relations page.