Small Business Banking Credit Analyst #13-588
Date Posted: 10/28/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Credit Administration department.
Location of job: Seattle - Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The Credit Administration division has an opening for a Small Business Banking Credit Analyst. This position’s primary responsibility is to conduct complex financial analysis of financial information in support of the underwriting and monitoring process. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain good working knowledge of Small Business Banking with regard to loan products, pricing, and underwriting criteria as related to collateral and borrower qualifications.
- Input application data on Bank2Business loan system.
- Gather and ensure necessary information, such as deposit account relationships, total credit exposure, business license, OFAC, etc. has been obtained to underwrite the request.
- Provide assistance and credit support to SBB Underwriter including preparation of financial statement spreadsheets. May assist with the analysis of SBB loans.
- Notify Small Business Banker when additional data is required.
- Assist with preparation and mailing of approval email correspondence and/or adverse action letters mailed to borrowers.
- Produce and maintain various management reports on SBB Underwriting portfolio, and loan performance.
- Maintain various loan logs to track loan status, approved and declined loans, and loans approved with exceptions to guidelines.
- Prepare loan package to submit to Commercial Loan Processing for document preparation.
- Prepares and gathers supporting data to complete CRA Worksheet.
- Assist SBB Underwriter with the account monitoring process including gathering information and making review recommendations.
- Coordinate with loan processing and servicing as necessary including researching and resolving service, underwriting or documentation issues.
- Follow the Bank’s Information Security policies, ensuring that the processing and handling of client and confidential bank information is done in a secure manner and environment.
- Complete any other job related duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance or equivalent work experience is preferred. One to three years’ previous experience in small business loans with relevant experience in use of credit scoring models is preferred. Recent other work experience in the small business loan market or with the analysis and approval of small business loans is also preferred. The ideal candidate must have some knowledge of business entities, their financial statements, tax returns, and how to analyze their cash flows. He/she must have a general knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing small business loan credit administration functions.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.