Senior Database Developer #14-097
Date Posted: 03/13/2014
This is a full-time position
in the Information Technology department.
Location of job: Seattle - Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The Information Technology Department in the Seattle Corporate Office has an opening for a Senior Database Developer. This position’s primary responsibilities to implement operational data store, enterprise data warehouse and reporting infrastructure. It requires understanding the data and information needs of the enterprise both on a strategic as well as tactical level and applies that knowledge to design and develop a flexible reporting and analytics environment. Along with the key functions listed below, this position will be expected to uphold the value that Washington Federal places on simply being nice when servicing our co-workers and clients. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, support and maintain staging, operational data store and the data warehouse infrastructure.
- Develop, support and maintain ETL packages, data cube, reports and report model
- Perform query optimization and tuning data cube, reports, indexes and SSIS packages
- Able to design and develop complex SQL scripts
- Work with users, business analysts and other team members to gather and refine requirements related to the data warehouse and Business Intelligence deliverables.
- Able to perform database Administration duties such as security management, performance tuning, backup and restore routines, etc.
- Proved timely and accurate project status updates
- Prepare and maintain design, development, maintenance, and deployment documentation.
- Provide direction on industry best practice and adoption of new technologies.
- Adhere a strict change control processes.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
This position requires an Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field; or approved equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Strong background in multidimensional modeling and related best practices. Strong documentation skills are required as well as the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Ability to assist internal and external customers, in person and by telephone, in a personable and professional manner. Strong communication skills. In-depth computer proficiency with basic business applications is required. Must have a valid Washington state driver’s license and be insurable under the Bank policy.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.