Loan Review Auditor #13-556
Date Posted: 10/02/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Credit Administration department.
Location of job: Seattle - Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The Credit Administration Department of the Seattle Corporate Office has an opening for a Loan Review Auditor. The position is responsible for analyzing and evaluating the Company’s loan portfolio and credit administration function from a regulatory, audit and risk management perspective. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following
- Perform scheduled loan review portfolio examinations during the calendar year including assessing commercial and residential loan quality on an individual credit and portfolio basis.
- Perform any ad hoc or targeted portfolio examinations or reviews as requested by the Audit & Risk Policy Committee or Executive Management.
- Complete monthly desktop reviews of recent credit approved transactions to confirm assigned risk rating and compliance with the Company’s credit policies and standards.
- Maintain strong industry knowledge of areas assigned, including applicable regulations.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with applicable departments and Loan Officers.
- Support management as needed.
- Provide accurate and timely reports of significant findings and related recommendations, assessing the overall operating effectiveness of auditees’ control environments, obtaining appropriate management action plans, and distributing reports and action plans to the appropriate levels of management.
- Follow the Bank’s Information Security policies, ensuring the processing and handling of all client and confidential bank information are done in a secure manner.
- Complete any other job related duties as assigned by the Loan Review Manager.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Position requires a Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related major, and a minimum of three years of experience as a commercial credit analyst or commercial lender. The selected candidate must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality, as well as the ability to adhere to both Company policies and best practices. Must be able to effectively relate to clients and become a trusted resource; good interpersonal skills and possess solid verbal and written communication skills to identify client needs. Must also possess a strong internal drive and motivation for continuous improvement; be able to set high standards for personal productivity while meeting client deadlines. Basic computer proficiency with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel) is required. Ability to travel occasionally.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.