Security Specialist #13-438
Date Posted: 01/02/2014
This is a full-time position
in the Deposit Operations department.
Location of job: Seattle - Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. Corporate Security, a division of Seattle Deposit Operations, has an opening for a newly created Security Specialist position. The position’s responsibilities are to assist in the management of branch physical security, investigate internal and external fraud events and be a backup to the Corporate Security Officer in his/her absence. This position also requires a self-sufficient employee that can operate with minimal direct supervision. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include the following:
- Assist the Corporate Security Officer (currently based in Marysville, WA) in the day-to-day security needs of the bank. This position may work out of the Marysville Office or the Corporate Office.
- Direct support to the Eastside, Mid-Sound and South Sound Divisions on security related matters.
- Support other Divisions and Branches as needed.
- Review and write security procedures for the Wiki.
- Work with the bank’s alarm monitoring companies to assure accurate records, resolve problems, and provide training for branch leadership.
- Work with the bank’s security service providers.
- Review security related invoices for accuracy.
- In conjunction with the Washington Federal Central Vault group, facilitate Loomis armored car service to all branches.
- Work with branches, divisions, Seattle Deposit Operations, and Boise Operations in investigating fraud events—check fraud, new account fraud, etc.—and coordinate investigative activities with the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
- Work with Human Resources in the investigation of employee fraud events.
- Assure timely completion by branches of False Alarm Reports, non-robbery Incident Reports, and Emergency Phone Numbers Forms.
- Work with branches, divisions, and law enforcement following robbery events.
- Support divisions and branches in the use of their surveillance equipment, including retrieval and archiving of event pictures and video.
- Support divisions and branches in the use of their alarm panel PIN pads
- Assist with special projects assigned to Security—for example, new branch acquisitions, branch remodels, and branch new builds.
- Position could require travel for Security related training and fraud investigation.
Schedule is 40 hours per week; the shift can vary depending upon business need.
This position requires a high school diploma (or equivalent). The candidate should have exceptional writing and verbal communication skills and be comfortable speaking in front of groups or conducting online/phone training. The candidate must have a desire and ability to self-train, as much of security is on the job experience. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.