Commercial Real Estate Loan Officer #13-636
Date Posted: 12/03/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Northern WA department.
Location of job: Bellingham - Cornwall - Bellingham, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The position of Commercial Real Estate Loan Officer is responsible for originating and maintaining existing Commercial Real Estate (CRE) construction and land development loans with some focus on income property and multi-family loans; supporting all areas of loan origination, processing, packaging, underwriting, marketing, closing, and reporting of loans. The emphasis is placed on individual quality loan production, customer relations, and follow-up of loans through loan closing. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Originate, underwrite and service quality commercial real estate loans to be held in Washington Federal's loan portolio.
- Design, modify and recommend program procedures that will attract and secure quality construction and land development loans.
- Report and advise senior management of current lending trends, rates, and competitive programs in the market.
- Inform and train credit analysts and bank personnel in all aspects of Washington Federal underwriting theory and practice.
- Coordinate loan servicing with the department's processors and funders.
- Monitor compliance with consumer protection issues and regulations, ensuring that the processing and handling of all customer information and confidential bank information is done in a secure manner.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Position requires a minimum of five years commercial loan portfolio management and/or loan production experience, or equivalent experience underwriting for and placing loans with institutional investors is required. Strong credit and underwriting skills required. Experience appraising or underwriting small commercial projects is preferred. Prior sales/business development experience is preferred. Knowledge of appraisal practices and procedures. Knowledge of basic real estate law and/or contracts desirable. Knowledge of legal documents and terminology relating to real estate transactions is preferred, as is knowledge of title insurance, laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 1500 Cornwall Ave, Bellingham, WA 98225 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.