Small Business Banker #12-486
Date Posted: 12/11/2012
This is a full-time position
in the Small Business Banking department.
Location of job: Lincoln & Scottsdale - Scottsdale, AZ
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today opportunity. The Small Business Banking Department has an opening for a Small Business Banker based out of Phoenix, Arizona. This position is responsible for selling banking services, developing business banking relationships, developing long-term calling programs with small business prospects and providing business banking support to the Phoenix Division. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the solicitation and development of small business relationships by implementing sales and marketing strategies designed to acquire new clients, as well as provide support to Northern Division offices.
- Majority of time will be spent making sales calls, setting appointments with prospects, cold calling, networking and applying various other sales strategies and principles to meet assigned goals.
- Follow the Bank’s Information Security policies, ensuring that the processing and handling of all client information and confidential bank information is done in a secure manner and environment.
- Maintain good working knowledge of lending and deposit services provided to small businesses with regard to product description, pricing and underwriting criteria.
- Ability to establish a strong branch relationship in communication and support for the client of the branch.
- Work closely and cooperatively with Branch Managers, and internal and operational departments.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Position requires a minimum of two years of experience in outside business to business sales. Two to three years of experience in banking sales and service. The ideal candidate will possess effective business development/client acquisition skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Applicant must also be able to deal with the public, in person and by telephone, in a personable, professional manner, and handle pressure in a fast-paced, changing work environment. Individual must be a self starter, experienced with working in a team and individual sales environment, and have a strong track record in achieving sales results. Computer proficiency with basic Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background check (criminal, credit, and drug testing) to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.