Small Business Banker #13-546
Date Posted: 10/01/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Small Business Banking - Spokane/TriCities Area department.
Location of job: Corporate Offices - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today opportunity. We have two openings for a Small Business Banker in Eastern Washington. This position is responsible for selling banking services, developing business banking relationships, developing long-term calling programs with small business prospects and providing business banking support to the Eastern Washington area(Spokane and the Tri-Cities Area. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Primarily an outbound sales position that is designed to drive businesss deposits and loans into the branches.
- Seeks to develop new business by contacting prospects and clients to sell and cross market bank opportunities.
- Participates in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibiliy and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Interview loan applicants and collect and analyze financials and and related data in order to determine the general credit workthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
- Obtain information by direct inspection of the applicant’s businesss and or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interviews, etc.
- Serve as a contact for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to other bank services.
- Complete other Duties as assigned.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Position requires a minimum of two years of experience in outside business to business sales. Two to three years of experience in banking sales and service. The ideal candidate will possess effective business development/client acquisition skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Applicant must also be able to deal with the public, in person and by telephone, in a personable, professional manner, and handle pressure in a fast-paced, changing work environment. Individual must be a self starter, experienced with working in a team and individual sales environment, and have a strong track record in achieving sales results. Computer proficiency with basic Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.