Senior Systems Administrator #13-300
Date Posted: 06/17/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Information Technology department.
Location of job: Seattle - Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today opportunity. The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Systems Administrator.
This position’s primary responsibility is to manage the day-to-day operations and long-term operational planning of servers, desktops, network infrastructure, appliances and peripherals on a Microsoft Windows network. The Sr. Systems Administrator will be responsible for administering Microsoft and other 3rd party applications servers, systems planning and architecture, and generating supporting documentation. Actively participate in disaster recovery/business continuity planning, implementation and testing. Maintain systems at a high level of security and stability. Provide tier 2 and 3 other technical support as required. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain enterprise Active Directory installation. Regularly review and maintain Group Policy to enforce company security and usability policies.
- Perform daily system monitoring, and verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes. Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Implement and administer Microsoft technologies including Microsoft Server 2003 – 2012, SQL Server 2005 - 2012 and Exchange 2010.
- Implement and maintain enterprise security applications currently in use, including products for PC whole disk encryption, antivirus, backup, and monitoring systems.
- Implement and maintain the Bank’s VMware infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain storage systems from NetApp, Nimble, EMC, and HP.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions of server systems.
- Monitor network and system performance, troubleshoot systems problems, and escalate issues as necessary. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate impacted areas.
- Administer 3rd party server applications supporting a diverse range of technologies.
- Build and maintain a network of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012 servers with a focus on security and uptime consistent with practices for a medium to large network.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Position requires an Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field; or approved equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 8 years of experience with Windows 2003/2008/2012 environment as well as familiarity with MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 database administration, Exchange 2010 Administration and Active Directory/Group Policy administration. Experience with Microsoft SCCM, Symantec Backup Exec and Evault, and VMWare administration and maintenance are required. Must also have working knowledge of DNS and DFS in the Microsoft network; and networks of >2000 machines and >400 servers. Must demonstrate troubleshooting skills and scripting ability (Powershell preferred). Microsoft Certifications desired: MCSE or equivalent.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.