Region Manager #13-337
Date Posted: 06/28/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Oregon Business Banking department.
Location of job: Medford - Navigators Landing - Medford, OR
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The Business Banking Department has a current opening for a Region Manager, Business banking located in Medford, Oregon. This position will be responsible for managing, developing and coaching a team of Relationship Managers and support staff. This senior lender must have experience and knowledge in the analysis, structuring of credit as well as negotiating commercial loans of $500,000 and greater. This is a player/coach role which may require some relationships to be directly managed by this experienced lender. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive new business development and actively manage a team of Relationship Managers to retain and grow a profitable client base; to become trusted advisors to their clients;
- Assist Relationship Managers, as necessary, with the structuring of credits and negotiating the terms under which credit will be extended, including loan pricing, repayment sources and collateral requirements;
- Actively participates with Relationship Managers in credit presentations to Credit Administration and Senior Loan Committee as necessary;
- Reviews loan presentations and problem asset reports;
- Monitors delinquencies and maturing loans for the team;
- Actively participates in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities;
- In conjunction with the Oregon Business Banking Division Manager, establish annual commercial loan and deposit production goals and communicate expectations and results to staff.
- Effectively manage the team’s sales and calling activities, providing ongoing feedback and coaching through suggestions and encouragement.
- Communicate and live the Company’s core values.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
A minimum of 7 years of experience in commercial loan portfolio management and/or loan production experience is required. Must be knowledgeable in commercial lending practices; background in business and/or financial analysis, with a solid grasp of fundamentals for evaluating business opportunity and profitability. The selected incumbent should have a good understanding and working knowledge of commercial lending terminology, loan processing, loan documentation and lending procedures.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. You must also successfully pass a background check (criminal, credit, and drug testing) to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.