Administrative Assistant #13-514
Date Posted: 09/10/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Legal Department department.
Location of job: Seattle - Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today’s opportunity. The Legal & Compliance Department has an opening for an Administrative Assistant in the Seattle Corporate Office. This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Legal department by creating and maintaining various files; preparing documents, reports, and correspondence; responding to inquiries; and scheduling appointments and activities. This position will be involved in interfacing with outside counsel and various government agencies, maintaining all legal files, both hard and electronic, and completing special projects as assigned under the direction of the General Counsel. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishes, organizes, and maintains various filing systems including hard copy files, electronic files, and directories.
- Creates, organizes, and maintains the Legal department’s Edition page and external File Transfer Protocol site.
- Assists in preparing a variety of legal documents and correspondence.
- Answers and responds to telephone calls and takes messages for department personnel. Also coordinates meeting times, appointments, training sessions, and other activities.
- Acts as liaison between Legal department and branches, departments.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Position requires a college degree. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; strong organizational skills, be detail-oriented, have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and be proficient in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office suite. Must also exhibit utmost professional behavior and maintain strictest levels of confidentiality.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.