Deposit Operations Specialist - ACH #13-415
Date Posted: 08/02/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Deposit Operations department.
Location of job: Seattle - Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The Deposit Operations Department of the Seattle Corporate Office has an opening for a Deposit Operations Specialist-ACH. This position is primarily responsible for handling Automating Clearing House (ACH) items, other responsibilities include providing operational support to Division Deposit Operations personnel and to branches in performing ACH related research. Additional duties may include providing back-up for other deposit operations functions. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Downloading, balancing , and posting ACH items
- Researching ACH inquiries
- Handling ACH reclamations
- Perform tasks that affect the Bank’s compliance with existing, revised, and new federal and/or state compliance regulations.
- Act as a “Subject Matter Expert” for the Client Care Center.
- Act as “Help Desk” for incoming inquiries from Division and Branch personnel.
- Interpret policies and procedures.
- Process, post, and reconcile control accounts.
- Closely adhere to the Bank’s Information Security policies and procedures.
- Assist management with ACH related legal issues.
- Provide back-up in various areas of Deposit Operations as needed or assigned.
The schedule for this position will vary; it may include evenings and weekends.
Position requires a High School diploma, or equivalent, math aptitude, good keyboarding skills (45-50 WPM), 10-key, filing, and strong organizational and communication skills. Computer proficiency with basic Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required. A minimum of one year of banking experience is expected. Applicants should have working knowledge of deposit accounts and security procedures, and experience with an online computer system. Previous experience in ACH and/or a supervisory or lead role desired. The selected candidate must also possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.