Compliance Specialist #13-553
Date Posted: 09/24/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Legal & Compliance department.
Location of job: Seattle - Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The Legal & Compliance Department of the Seattle Corporate Office has an opening for a Compliance Specialist. This position will support the Compliance Manager and the Bank to ensure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures as well as applicable state and federal banking regulations, with specific emphasis as to deposit operations, business banking and online banking regulation. This position also performs various quality control reviews and monitoring of regulations using industry standard and regulatory guidance to ensure the Bank’s compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a compliance liaison for all banking and lending activities with specific emphasis as to deposit operations, business banking and online banking.
- Assist the Compliance Manager with the handling of substantive consumer complaints against the Bank, including appropriate investigations, communications and drafting regarding same.
- Support the Compliance Manager in the review of new products and services to ensure that consumer compliance issues and concerns are appropriately evaluated as well as in the review of Bank forms, notices, brochures and advertisements to ensure compliance with applicable consumer regulations.
- Work with the Compliance Manager to plan and organize the Compliance Department’s day-to-day administrative and operational compliance activities.
- Assist in researching compliance related legal and regulatory issues and provide analysis and conclusions to the Compliance Manager.
- Support the Compliance Manager to develop, implement and administer all aspects of the Bank’s compliance programs relating to regulations; assist with independent and federal regulator auditor inquiries; review and write related policies and procedures; make recommendations to the Compliance manager when and where appropriate; and submit reports to the Compliance Manager detailing compliance issues.
- Assist the Compliance Manager to manage the relationships with regulatory agencies, external consultants and other internal risk management groups.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, etc.) to address compliance issues. Consult with the Compliance Manager as needed to resolve difficult compliance issues.
- Complete any other job related duties as assigned by the Compliance Manager or Executive Management.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university; or five years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in all operational deposit and lending activities and terminology is required. The candidate must have advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank operational policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services as well as advanced research, communications and writing skills. Computer proficiency with basic business applications is required. Previous work experience in compliance, with specific emphasis as to deposit operations, business banking and online banking is required as well as relevant work experience with Deposit and Online Banking regulation, including the EFTA, TISA, Right to Financial Privacy Act, FACT Act, Electronic Banking, Gramm Leach Bliley and Regulation P, Interest on Deposits, etc.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.