Business Banking Senior Credit Analyst #13-002
Date Posted: 01/07/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Business Banking department.
Location of job: Downtown Bellevue - Bellevue, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The Business Banking Department in the Bellevue office has an opening for a Senior Credit Analyst. This position is responsible for assisting Business Banking Lending Officers with the origination, management, and servicing of commercial loans to business clients. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Business Banking Lending Officers with the origination of new business loans to new and existing clients.
- Serve as a key member of the Business Banking Department in meeting the client’s credit needs, ensuring that the overall client experience is favorable and that the Bank is in a position to develop and/or expand the relationship.
- Assist with the day-to-day management and servicing of Business Banking clients, to include acting as a backup in the absence of a Loan Officer and coordinate with business loan processing and business loan servicing in the preparation of loan documents.
- Assist with business financial statements and or tax returns and complete personal cash flow analysis.
- Conduct relevant financial and non-financial data to develop a concise and focused analytical foundation for a credit decision.
- Help complete credit and financial analysis and underwriting of loan transactions.
- Collect and analyze relevant industry, economic, and competitive information to faciliate and support loan decisions.
- Assist in the due diligence of financing transactions and assist in the presentation of the loan transactions for approval.
- Help prepare Credit Approval Document (CAD) for renewals of existing borrowers and new borrowers.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance, or equivalent work experience. One to three years of previous experience in commercial credit analysis, underwriting, lending and credit services. Understanding of accounting and finance principles as they relate to the commercial lending and business environment is required as well as knowledge of risk analysis. The selected candidate will possess effective communication (verbal and written) and technical report writing skills; demonstrate sound judgment and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail; be able to work independently and in a team environment; be able to handle pressure and remain adaptable in a fast-paced, changing work environment; and exhibit strong administrative, planning, and organizational skills. This position will be required to deal with the public, in person and by telephone, in a personable, professional manner. Computer proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, Outlook, and Excel) is also required.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background check (criminal, credit, and drug testing) to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.