Business Banking Relationship Manager #13-448
Date Posted: 08/16/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Northern Oregon Region department.
Location of job: Lake Oswego - Lake Oswego, OR
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The Business Banking Department has a current opening for a Business Banking Relationship Manager. This position is responsible for developing and managing commercial loan accounts which meet established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability to the Bank with a minimal risk. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Interview loan applicants and collect and analyze financial and related data in order to determine the general credit worthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
- Establishes and negotiates when necessary, the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Collects and analyzes information which reflects the current credit worthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. Information may be obtained by direct inspection of the applicant’s business and or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interview, etc.
- Monitors loan repayment activities.
- Advises customers, where possible, on business prospects and customers and financial matters.
- Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers and cross-sells bank products and services.
- Participates in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Serves as a contact for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to other Bank services.
- Participates in Loan Committee meetings while presenting new credit proposals.
- Counsels with and assists in the training and development of commercial lending staff.
- Peforms other duties as assigned.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Must have good typing and clerical skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail. Strong math aptitude and proficiency in Microsoft Office are required. Position requires clear and concise verbal and written communication skills including good customer relations skills. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Business Banking Lending, with a strong understanding and working knowledge of commercial lending terminology, loan processing, loan documentation and lending procedures. Must be self-motivated and production-oriented.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. You must also successfully pass a background check (criminal, credit, and drug testing) to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.